Friday, February 24, 2006

Mumbai to Mississippi

I was digging around, and I got this one thing that I had written when I had come to the US the first time. Then, school had yet to begin, we had time to settle in and get ids and stuff. Most of the day was spent in the library, chatting up with friends, writing emails, and playing the few Yahoo! games that we could play online on the library computers. After a day filled with this, I thought I'd do some constructive work, and write about my trip over to the states. Some of my class from Engineering school was already here, and most of the rest were in the last stages of preparation to leave. So, I thought I'd post a first-hand experience of the whole journey, right from when you say good-bye to teary-eyed parents to being picked up by a bunch of seniors at the world-famous GTR airport.

Disclaimer: I worked on this thing for a couple of days. So, its pretty long and exhaustive. Please dont get your hopes up of reading it in a minute and getting done with it. Sit back, relax, grab a bag of chips, or get a cuppa coffee.

I've uploaded it to my website in pdf format. You'll find it on this page:
http://www2.msstate.edu/~acb157/aboutme.htm

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home