Monday, April 10, 2006

I think I found my favorite food ever!

Yep! It is like it sounds. So, I was on a lunch interview, and I scan the menu and decide on this one dish that seemed alluring. After some corporate discussions, the food came out. And I try my dish - and Ohh God! It was soo delicious! It was like nothing I had before! It had the perfect blend of tastes. Delicious is what you'd generally describe food as.. However, I dont ever remember saying - the food is delicious. The food is always "awesome", or "excellent", or "pretty good". But this time, the food was "delicious". It was delicious indeed! Perhaps it may be the case that I was hungry after a gruelling day of interviews, with not a good amount of nutrional value intake from the morning. But I think I will place this dish on the top of my favorite food pedestal anyway. Thinking of it is making my mouth water!

So, its the "Carmela Chicken Rigatoni" at Romano's Macaroni Grill. Ohh its delicious. Its got a generous helping of perfectly cooked rigatoni, with an amount of chicken which is just enough - neither very less to crave for more, nor very much to stuff the stomach. There are carmelized onions. Now who wouldnt like that?! If the cooks in Heaven had a secret ingredient, I'm sure it would be carmelized onions! The taste that they impart, their shiny brownish color, they're just delectable. Theres a touch of basil which gives it the Italian flavor. And then theres the creamy Marsala wine sauce with cheese. Write it down - if you are offered a dish with a creamy Marsala wine sauce, DO NOT pass it over; you will regret it later.. mark my words. The aroma that leaves the bowl and stimulates the smell neurons when you are eating it, and entrenches itself in your head for a good 24 hours, that makes you think the world is just a wonderful place to be in, is just ecstatic! The taste - a combination of the pasta and chicken, with the basil and onion Marsala sauce will take you for a trip around Cloud 9. After you finish the bite, you'll be back for another bite.. and then you are off again! I think I'm off right now, even thinking about it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home