Thursday, January 11, 2007

Coffee - relaxing??

It was that time of the day - post-lunch time, not quittin' time yet, done quite a bit of debugging, almost brain-dead with the amount of changes to already incomprehensible code. I was getting really restless, fidgeting with stuff, pestering others walking by my office, being pretty vocal. I couldnt concentrate on my tasks, and was ready to go home, but couldnt since the chains on my legs dont open up till 5 (not really true, I can leave any time after 4, but I had to get that bit of work done.)

So, one thing I did among the other restless things was to give in to temptation, and make myself a hot cuppa coffee. The caffeine in me would definitely be a problem for the others. Anyways, I brought the cup back and started sipping the hot sweet nectar while resuming the process of staring at code. And lo. In a minute or two, I was completely relaxed. The restlessness went away, I could regain my concentration, and resume the remaining bit of work. I was surprised and amazed at how I was relaxed after having coffee, when it should have been the other way around.

P.S. OMG. I just realized, just right now, while writing this post - this is not good, not good at all. The coffee by itself wasnt relaxing. The cells in my brain needed the caffeine to relax. OMG. This is so very like a coffee/caffeine addiction. It is, isnt it? Oh no.

Ok, ya, it is. A simple search on the symptoms of caffeine withdrawal are what I experienced, and the relaxation after the intake.

Well, at least I know now that I should definitely avoid the cuppa. Mabbe a cuppa green tea instead. I'm definitely going to keep a conscious watch on my intake now. I'm glad I realized it before it got really serious. Thank god for blogging!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home